Advanced Financial Analysis Techniques
18th - 19th November 2009, Legend Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Businessmen are nowadays agonizing over a faltering economy in the United States, which has been affecting their confidence of doing business in Malaysia and elsewhere. Recession has already swept into the shores of Malaysia. Then, why lament?
In good times, many businessmen find it easy to run their businesses, and only in these trying times, they have to put on their thinking caps and have to surf along these tumultuous waves of uncertainties.
Managers, directors, owners, creditors and bankers have to appreciate the dynamics of a business, and there is no better ways than to apply the important tools and techniques of financial analysis in making decisions on investment, operations and financing. These people can ill-afford to ignore the fundamentals of managing their business succinctly and smoothly. They needlessly have to look after the interests and welfare of their creditors, bankers, staffs and owners, for without them, their business will quickly crumble. On the other hand, they have to unfailingly rely on these groups, not only to ride out the buckling economy, but to attain their pillar of success. The tools and techniques had proven in the past to be reliable and useful, and thus it is the objective of this facilitator to share them.
What is this workshop all about?
This workshop is designed to enable you to realistically assess your business by applying various financial analysis tools. After you have completed this program, you can quickly and easily use these financial and statement tools to maintain your niche position in the market that will conveniently enable you to attract creditors, investors and bankers to assist you in your long term planning of your business in a dynamic environment.
The 6 Important Lessons you will learn during this 2 day workshop
Lesson 1: Understand how money flows through a business
- Funds flow analysis
- What are funds?
- Decisions on investment, operations and financing
- Complexities of a business
- CASE EXERCISE
Lesson 2: Learn on how to measure business performance
- Complexities on measurement
- Management's view on operations,
- Cost of goods sold and gross margin analysis
- Profit analysis, expenses analysis, contribution analysis, management of capital, and inventory ratios
- Owners' interest
- Earnings per share, cash flow per share, dividends per share and pay-out ratio
- Lenders' view
- Current ratio, acid test ratio, total debt/total assets
- Ratio as a system
Lesson 3: Plan on how to project future business performance
- Operating budgets
- Cash budgets
- Pro forma statements
- Interrelationship of financial projections
- A financial model
- Modeled samples
- CASE STUDY
Lesson 4: Appreciate how capital investment decisions are analyzed
- Analytical techniques
- Critical task of management
- Framework for decision
- Definition of problems and alternatives
- Method of analysis
- Payback, simple rate of return, time value of money, net present value, present value index, and yield
- CASE EXERCISE
Lesson 5: Determine on how to analyze the sources of financial funds
- Alternative sources of financing
- Cost of capital
- Choice among alternatives
- Risk exposure, explicit cost, flexibility, timing, and control
- Cost of different funds
- Debt in long-term capital structure
- Introduction of debt
- Cost of common stock, break-even-point, cost of capital, bond values, and common stock values
- CASE STUDY
Lesson 6: Show on how a business can be a part of a dynamic system
- A dynamic closed system
- Importance of operating and financial leverage
- What is an operating leverage?
- Calculate its Break-even-point
- What is a financial leverage?
- Leverage effects on return on equity
- Growth in ownership equity
- An integrated financial plan
Why this workshop?
You will learn these 9 essentials skills that could make a BIG impact to your business success.
You will learn how to:
- Allay the fears of doing business in these trying days
- Unwind the past performances of business to introduce guide-posts
- Explore the flows of money in the business -"Where come, and where gone" concept
- Review and measure the performance of the business
- Appreciate the concerns and interests of managers, creditors, directors and owners of business
- Explore the various models and techniques in planning the future of a business
- Avoid making the costly mistake in making a capital investment decision
- Take advantage of the various methods of raising funds to sustain in good and trying days
- Apply effectively the operating and financial leverage to increase the rate of return of a business
aGEE Lee has more than 22 years of experience in the commercial banking in Malaysia and has worked in Malayan Banking Berhad and seconded to Kwong Yik Bank Berhad in 1980 to set up a Legal Documentation Department.
He started as a trainee officer moving up to Branch Manager, Loan Manager managing Corporate and Commercial Loans and finally as Head of Loan Recovery Division bringing down NPLs to RM65m from RM800m.
He also worked in a property development company, then constructing a condominium and Nilai 3, for 2 years, and involved in a manufacturing company before working for 2 years in a construction company, executing federal contracts on roads, schools and colleges, in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Besides marketing and approving the commercial loans, he was instrumental in setting up the Loan Recovery Section supervising about RM1.9b NPLs and was involved in structuring loans and lecturing modules on debt collecting and legal documentation on securities for 13 years.
His last appointment was with Hong Leong Bank Berhad in 2003/4 as Head of Remedial Management Department.
Agee Lee holds Honours Degree in Economics (major in Business Administration) from Universiti Malaya, Associate of Institute of Bankers (London), Diploma in Marketing Management (NPC) and Certificate in Financial Planning (MII).
He is now a Training Consultant for IBBM, MIA and Banks in Malaysia and Vietnam. Currently he has been giving talks on practical topics that will boost skills and confidence of participants.
What others have to say after they have attended aGEE workshop
“Informative and good personal experience from the speaker”
Wilson Wong, Schenker Logistics (M) Sdn Bhd
“Job well done”
Chong Kim Cheng, WRP Specialty Products (M) Sdn Bhd
“Relevance to the working environment and filled with examples”
Choo HC, Teck Ping Chan (1976) Sdn Bhd
“Overall session has gone with good presentation in improving planning & leveraging cash flow”
Mohd Asrizan, Neural Oilfield Service Sdn Bhd
“I like best about the discussion on real life cases during the session”
Munirah Othman, Selia Selenggara Selatan Sdn Bhd
Who Should Attend: Finance Managers, Executives, Financial Controllers, General Managers, Businessman, CFO, COO, CEO and Directors.
Workshop Size: Registration is strictly to the first 25 people. This cannot be altered. If the past is any indication of the future, spaces fill up very quickly. If you are interested in attending, call us now or download the registration form here and fax it back to us at ++6 03 40235716.
HRDF Claimable: This workshop is claimable under the HRDF SBL Scheme. Checks with your department to make sure you are eligible.
Tax Deductibility: In all likelihood this seminar is tax deductible. Check with your accountant to be sure.
Workshop Investment $$: RM 1690.00 per delegates. This includes all workshop materials. Lunch will be provided.
Early Bird Offer!!
If you register yourself EARLY, you will enjoy a discount of RM100.00. For more information, please refer to the registration form here.
If you register in group of 3 persons or more, you will enjoy additional 5% discount, and if your group are 5 persons or more, you will get a much greater discount of 7%, and 10% discount shall be entitled for group of 8 persons or more. So get your friend or colleagues to register with you!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We understand that some of you don't know us. That is why we make this workshop a 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If for any reason whatsoever you don't feel like you have received more than your money worth by lunch break, simply hand in your materials for a complete 100% refund. No weasel clauses, no hassles, no questions asked. We won't lie, as rarely we have to make refund to our participants; however it is our integrity which makes our business successful.
If you like what you have gone through so far, you may register yourself by downloading the full brochure here, and fax the registration form back to us at ++6 03 40235716. And if you happen to have some friends or colleagues who are looking for ways to improve their financial analysis skill, please forward this link to them.
Tel: ++6 03 40216000
Fax: ++6 03 40235716