Managing Training in Organizations Effectively
16th - 17th November 2009, Legend Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Training and employee developments are essential for achieving business goals and organizational competitiveness. Training refers to the acquisition of knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform effectively in any given role. It is an important facet of the HR function of an organization and concerned with improving employee performance. Training is an activity (off the job) and the process (on the job) of increasing and enhancing employees' abilities, job skills, knowledge, competency to improve job performance and behavior.
What will this workshop do for you?
This workshop is designed to show you the essential knowledge and abilities to manage your organization training systematically. Training in organization is not a random activity. It must be systemize or planned as not to waste unnecessary money and time. This program will show you a systemize or planed training should consist of 4 stages: Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Training Design, Training Implementation and Training Evaluation.
The 5 Important Lessons you will learn during this 2 day workshop
Module 1: Human resource development and competitiveness
- Strategic perspectives of training and learning in organizations
- Training, development and education
- Systematic approach to training and development
- The training cycle
Module 2: Training needs analysis (TNA)
- The purpose of TNA
- The process of TNA - organizational, job and individual level
- Competency mapping
- TNA data collection methods and identifying performance gaps,
- Analysis, report and training matrix
Module 3: Training Design
- Translating training needs into training objectives
- Characteristics of good training objectives
- Understanding the adult learners and training design
- Models of training design
- Designing learner-centered activities
- Developing learning materials - audio, visual, and technology-based learning aids
Module 4: Training Implementation
- Preparation, trainers, venue and environment
- Training styles & methodologies
- Creativity in training delivery
- High impact training delivery
- Creating an interactive learning environment
- Dealing with difficult situations from the participants
- Guiding groups to successful learning outcomes
Module 5: Training Evaluation
- Training as an investment
- Evaluating and measuring training
- Models of training evaluation
- Measuring results - transfer of learning to workplace
- Measuring results - impact of training to the business goals
- Linking training evaluation to the needs assessment
Why should you attend this workshop?
You will learn the 6 essentials skills that could maximize your organization training effectiveness
You will learn how to:
- Demonstrate the function and the role of training in your organization.
- Understand the different approach to training in organizations
- Recognize methods of identifying training needs in an organization.
- Determine training objectives and design an effective training program.
- Implement a training program successfully
- Distinguish the various level of evaluation of a training program.
Balakrishnan Muniapan is a well known lecturer, trainer, consultant, writer and also a speaker in Malaysian HRM & Industrial Relations. He is also considered by many scholars as a pioneer in the development and promotion of Vedic HRM approach in Malaysia.
At present Bala is a Senior Lecturer in HRM at the School of Business & Enterprise, Swinburne University of Technology in Kuching, Sarawak (East Malaysia). He has previously taught HRM & OB for undergraduate and MBA programs at Curtin University of Technology in Miri, Hertfordshire University program at BIMC in Beijing (China), Economics & Management for Deakin University (AUST) programs at Disted College (latter KDS) and also for Bradford University (UK) program at Rima College in Penang.
Prior to his involvement in academic, he was in production management with Sharp Roxy Corporation, a large Japanese MNC at his hometown in Sungai Petani, Kedah. As a consultant and trainer in HRM and Industrial Law, he has vast experience conducting training and consultancy programs for more than 50 organizations in Malaysia, Singapore and China. As an academic involved in research and development, Bala has published over 35 research papers and articles in several international journals, conference proceedings and also books. He was the recipient of the Best Research Paper award at the 3rd National Human Resource Management Conference held in Langkawi in 2006.
Who Should Attend: HR / Training Managers, Executives, Supervisors, Assistants and anyone who are involved in managing their organizations training activities.
Workshop Size: Registration is strictly to the first 25 people. This cannot be altered. If the past is any indication of the future, spaces fill up very quickly. If you are interested in attending, call us now or download the registration form here and fax it back to us at ++6 03 40235716.
HRDF Claimable: This workshop is claimable under the HRDF SBL Scheme. Checks with your department to make sure you are eligible.
Tax Deductibility: In all likelihood this seminar is tax deductible. Check with your accountant to be sure.
Workshop Investment $$: RM 1190.00 per delegates. This includes all workshop materials. Lunch will be provided.
Early Bird Offer!!
If you register yourself EARLY, you will enjoy a discount of RM100.00. For more information, please refer to the registration form here.
If you register in group of 3 persons or more, you will enjoy additional 5% discount, and if your group are 5 persons or more, you will get a much greater discount of 7%, and 10% discount shall be entitled for group of 8 persons or more. So get your friends or colleagues to register with you!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We understand that some of you don't know us. That is why we make this workshop a 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If for any reason whatsoever you don't feel like you have received more than your money worth by lunch break, simply hand in your materials for a complete 100% refund. No weasel clauses, no hassles, no questions asked. We won't lie, as rarely we have to make refund to our participants; however is our integrity which makes our business successful.
If you like what you have gone through so far, you may register yourself by downloading the full brochure here , and fax the registration form back to us at ++6 03 40235716. And if you happen to have some friends or colleagues who are looking for ways to improve their organization training effectiveness, please forward this link to them.
Tel: ++6 03 40216000
Fax: ++6 03 40235716