Effective Channel Distributor & Dealer Sales Management
2nd-3rd November 2009, Legend Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Over the years, you might notice that in order to reach out successfully to your target market, you need a strong network of distributors or dealers. The real "CRUNCH" of success and failure comes when your sales force implements the sales plan - to the new age dealers.
What are the strategies to effectively manage dealers who promote your products and services?
Over the past year, do your dealers have been successfully generating high sales volume given the competition and economic growth in your market?
Compared to competing dealers in the territory, do they achieve a high level of market penetration for your products?
Do your dealers have the right employee with the necessary skill to run a successful business for you?
Do you frequently receive complaints from customers regarding dealers' service level?
Is your own sales staff competent to address the above issues?
If you are seeking answer for the above questions, then this workshop might just for you.
What is New Age Dealer anyway?
Due to the faster growing of technology, new industries arise and new economy has been structured. The second generations have grown and the hungry new comers are in. And here come the new demographic.
The new age dealer is different from the past, as some of you might be experiencing yourself. They are more technology savvy, more knowledgeable or knowledge centric, with a big heart to bring their business to the next level. They are no more eagerly looking forward to have a cup of tea with you, however expect you to treat them more professionally. Overall, they are more demanding than ever.
So what is this workshop about?
This workshop is designed to help you and your staff to enhance the company's competitive edge by focusing on getting results and updating and developing the key skills needed in effective new-age dealer management.
This 2-Day workshop cover the 8 crucial lessons you that you need in order to manage your distributor or dealer effectively
Lesson 1: Latest trends and issues in new-age dealer environment
- How you should exploit the ever-changing dealer environment
- What are new-age dealers and how to profile them
- Dealer behavioral analysis and buying process
- Dealer Relationship Management
- How you identify Dealers' Needs
- How to Build Principal-Product Image
- How to Build Channel Partner Image
- Exercise : How to focus on getting results - Aligning sales goals
Lesson 2: The Professional Dealer/Channel Salesperson
- Professional Salesperson (PS) Check-up
- Map business needs - Corporate goals versus career goals
- Project Professionalism: Attitude, Responsiveness, Accessibility
- Attitude, enthusiasm and building superior trade relations
- Self management, teamwork and dealer partnering
- How to enhance relationships with dealers
- How to develop and maintain competitive selling spirit
- Exercise : How to focus on getting results - Developing value-added attributes
Lesson 3: Tools and strategies to increase sales
- What is the new skills-set for new-age selling?
- Territorial And Account Management - How to focus on getting effective results
- How to develop sales strategies to exploit the dealer channel
- How to set challenging-but-achievable sales targets for yourself
- How to handle dealer channel conflicts and be an effective intermediary
- Collection strategies and debt management
- How to calculate, track and TAKE ACTION on your overall selling results
- How to transform a normal dealer account into a key account
- Exercise : How to focus on getting results - Managing key performance indicators
Lesson 4: Developing effective selling strategies to gain advantage
- How to gain advantage by understanding dealer objectives and strategies
- Use of situational-selling styles: How to allocate resources
- How to develop negotiation power
- Telecommunication: How to use this powerful selling weapon
- Exercise : How to focus on getting results - Modernizing your selling approaches
Lesson 5: Using customer service strategies to gain extra advantage
- Managing the service differentiation and quality of service
- What are pre and post-sale activities and service
- Dealer training: Competitive Analysis and strategy for improving value
- Exercise : How to focus on getting results - Developing competitive advantage
Lesson 6: Implementing dealer/consumer promotional programs
- Understanding promotional objectives and strategies
- How to arrange for different types of promotions with dealers
- Exercise : How to implement trade and consumer promotions
Lesson 7: Handling new product launches at dealer level
- Understanding objective/s and implementation mechanism of new product launch
- Launch control and feedback mechanism at dealer level
- Exercise : How to focus on getting results - Dealer penetration
Lesson 8: Key factors for future success
- What are the new skill-sets for the future
- Customer Value Management (CVM) and business development
- Channel Partners' Need Orientation: Learning Needs, Recognition Needs, Economic Needs, Business Development Needs, Training Needs, Competent Needs, Facilities & Infrastructure Needs, Cash Flow Needs, Expansion & Development Needs, Business Stability & Earning Security Needs
- Exercise : How to be a NEW-AGE SALES WARRIOR
Why should you attend this workshop?
You will learn the 6 essentials skills needed to cope with the latest market changes that impact on dealer management for your business success.
You will learn how to:
- Develop a wider range of selling/sales management skills to obtain better sales results
- Use the right parameters to calculate and track sales performance
- Focus on getting sales results in an ever-changing environment
- Use appropriate tools for developing strategies to exploit opportunities in the field
- Gain broader perspectives, be motivated and have better confidence
- Increase effectiveness when managing new-age dealers
What others have to say after they have attended this workshop
“Workshop is good. Easy to learn”
Woo Wen Haw, Ajinomoto (M) Bhd
“Speaker Mr. Ravi has done his job and I have learned from him”
Kok Lee Yoong, Ajinomoto (M) Bhd
Tham Eng Chye, Ajinomoto (M) Bhd
“The course met my expectation and enhance my knowledge”
Cheng Hwa Hak, Ajinomoto (M) Bhd
“The training is very good”
Pui Thiong Lam, Asia Brand Trading Sdn Bhd
K. Ravinther has 16 years of corporate experience, a major part being in Sales Management. He started his career in Human Resources in Public Bank Group and later developed his sales skills in Panasonic Malaysia, managing a channel sales team covering Pan-Malaysia. Later, he moved into a new business venture and began working as a training consultant in area of Sales Training and Customer Relations consultation.
His practical experiences are in the area of sales strategy implementation and human resources development. Having mastered Matsushita Management philosophy and business principles from various on the job training, functional responsibilities and Overseas Training combined with his direct experience leading and managing sales team and dealers’ network, he is an excellent trainer on Konosuke Matsushita philosophy of business and result orientated team work.
He holds a Bachelor of Economics (honours) degree and Master of Management (distinction) degree from University of Malaya. He also participated as an exchange student at the University of Melbourne in year 2007 and gained valuable experience as management practicum student in Kraft Australia. His research interest is in the area of Personal Selling Process and Relationship Marketing. He is also a member with Malaysian Institute of Management and Toastmasters International. He has vast traveling experience covering 17 countries from ASEAN region, Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, USA, Spain, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Rep, Hungary, Austria and Australia.
Ravinther has a commitment to touch, enrich, and transform the work ethic and perspectives of the middle level and operational staff as he firmly believes that these individuals need to take control of their lives and work to be truly happy and productive.
Who Should Attend: Sales, marketing, business development and service personnel involved in channel sales.
Workshop Size: Registration is strictly to the first 25 people. This cannot be altered. If the past is any indication of the future, spaces fill up very quickly. If you are interested in attending, call us now or download the registration form here and fax it back to us at ++6 03 40235716.
HRDF Claimable: This workshop is claimable under the HRDF SBL Scheme. Checks with your department to make sure you are eligible.
Tax Deductibility: In all likelihood this seminar is tax deductible. Check with your accountant to be sure.
Workshop Investment $$: RM 1690.00 per delegates. This includes all workshop materials. Lunch will be provided.
Early Bird Offer!!
If you register yourself EARLY, you will enjoy a discount of RM100.00. For more information, please refer to the registration form here.
If you register in group of 3 persons or more, you will enjoy additional 5% discount, and if your group are 5 persons or more, you will get a much greater discount of 7%, and 10% discount shall be entitled for group of 8 persons or more. So get your friend or colleagues to register with you!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We understand that some of you don't know us. That is why we make this workshop a 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If for any reason whatsoever you don't feel like you have received more than your money worth by lunch break, simply hand in your materials for a complete 100% refund. No weasel clauses, no hassles, no questions asked. We won't lie, as rarely we have to make refund to our participants; however is our integrity which makes our business successful.
If you like what you have gone through so far, you may register yourself by downloading the full brochure here , and fax the registration form back to us at ++6 03 40235716. And if you happen to have some friends or colleagues who are looking for ways to improve their dealer sales performance, please forward this link to them.
Tel: ++6 03 40216000
Fax: ++6 03 40235716