Come Join Us To Learn the In's & Out's of Project 1.27!
Out of State attendees must buy the Out of State Ticket on this page. All In-State attendees should register for each workshop you will be attending. Out of State does not need to register for individual workshops.
- 6:30pm: Opening Dinner at Piccolo's across the street of Four Points Hotel.
- 9am - 10am: Claes - Film & Company presentation
- Claes Jonasson is Creative Director/Producer and Owner of Film & Company LLC (filmandcompany.com). Claes has over 30 years of media experience in the US and internationally. During those years he has created design solutions in corporate, educational and non-profit settings, as well as freelanced and run his own company.
We'll look at marketing, selecting and using the right medium at the right time, working with vendors, communicating with your audience, and staying clear of problems with copyrights and other intellectual property rights, as well as privacy issues, all as it relates to your non-profit organization.
- 10am - 12pm: Child Welfare
- The Child Welfare Partner workshop is for all County and Child Placement Agencies that are partnered with us or those wanting to understand what a partnership entails with Project 1.27. Please come and interact with us as we go through the process and learn more from one another to benefit the children in Colorado! We also invite you to stay for lunch following the workshop! So come, give us your feedback and have lunch on us!
- 12pm - 1:30pm: Pastor and Adoption Leader Lunch
- Adoption is one of the the fastest growing new ministries in the church today. Already, Colorado is setting the standard in the U.S. with churches from all over the state participating in this exciting effort. Congregations are stepping out in faith, growing in their walk, reaching the community, and translating the gospel to a lost and forgotten people—the children in Colorado’s foster care system. Come join us for a brief luncheon to hear about the results and how to equip your church and lay leaders to attract, empower, and support adoptive families and their children through a dynamic new program called Project 1.27.
- 1:30pm - 4pm: Break
- 4pm - 9pm: OCML (dinner at 6pm)
- This training is for current or potential Orphan Care Ministry Leaders. The class will help to equip you to effectively support Adoptive Families through the local church. There will be a dinner included with this class.
- 9am - 11am: Trainers
- How would you like to help us teach a whole lot of new parents to adopt all of the waiting children in Colorado foster care? The state, counties, and CPAs of Colorado have entrusted Project 1.27 to train the finest, bravest, and most faithful adoptive parents our state has ever seen. Project 1.27 is looking for Pastors, experienced adoptive parents, CPR instructors, and Child Welfare experts with the passion and expertise necessary to make our vision come true. "No waiting children in Colorado foster care by 2014." Opportunities are limited but this event is your chance to get in and make your impact. Please join us to for this workshop and hear about the project, the training philosophy and program, and the amazing results.
- 11am - 1pm: Q&A Lunch
- 1pm - 4pm: PURE Class
- This class focuses on training friends and families of adoptive families in understanding the process the adoptive family members are adjusting to. Being able to equipping their friends and families to minister to them in tangible ways is what will be taken away from this class.
The special rate $85 a night for our Four Points reservations will expire on January 8th. Please call 1-866-837-4182 to reserve your room and ask for the "Project 1.27 Adoptions rate".
Super Shuttle was recommended as a good shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and back. We have a discount code to be used with your reservations to get a discounted rate ($32 for round trip from the airport to the hotel and back). You can book the shuttle at their site. By using that link you will get the discount or by typing in the Discount Code "DEUH5"
Also, there will be a shuttle from the hotel to the conference. There will be no charge for this.
*Jan 14th we will be meeting for a welcome dinner
*Jan 17th join our staff for a ski trip in the Rockies!
(Note** Tickets & Gear Not Included in the cost)
*Getting Churches Involved & How to Raise Up Orphan Care Ministry Leaders
*All About Training & The P127 Database
*Ministry Partners & Networking
*Counties & CPA's - Working Together For One Goal
*Question & Answer Time
Read more »