By now you’ve seen it all. In fact, you’re probably drowning in talk about social media, thought leadership and Internet marketing. But what are you doing about it? Most organizations are jumping in with a Facebook page, setting up a Twitter account, or trying a little blogging. But what most organizations really need is a hands-on strategy session to put all this social media stuff into perspective and into action!
The TechnoMarketing Masterclass / Hit the Ground Running Social Media Marketing Workshop is exactly what most organizations need right now. This one-day intensive workshop – combined with a 30-day program of 10 instructive pre-workshop assignments – will help you develop a social media marketing strategy that fits your organization’s culture, resources and risk profile, and will do so within the context of your existing marketing plan. Guaranteed.
The 10 Assignments:
Over the four weeks leading up to our Chicago Debrief and Workshop, you’ll receive 10 assignments via email. Some you’ll be able to complete in 10 minutes or less. Others will take a bit longer, but will be easy to integrate into your busy schedule. They will inform, affirm, provoke, and prepare you for the workshop in Chicago.
Taught by the creator and instructor of the AMA’s TechnoMarketing training series, Dana VanDen Heuvel has created social media marketing plans for organizations of all types. We’ve taken the best processes from around the world of social media marketing and combined them to create this action-oriented, collaborative workshop to give you everything you need to be successful with social media marketing.
Every day, marketing as we know it changes rapidly all around us. Engaging your customers through the newest social media vehicles such as social networks, customer communities, blogs, widgets, RSS, and podcasts requires a solid foundation steeped in customer understanding, marketing planning, and technological prowess. The challenges marketers face today are often compounded by the sheer volume of new media channels and the depth of expertise required to execute well in each channel. This collaborative, in-depth education course in using the latest marketing tools and technology to reach today’s customers will take you beyond the defining basics and into writing your own social-media marketing plan.
Through a combination of interactive pre-workshop exercises delivered in 10 modules during the 30 days leading up to the event and a day-long debrief and social media marketing planning session, organizations will leave with unique, customized roadmaps and a comprehensive understanding of how they can profit from the latest in marketing technologies and tools.
Investing In Your Marketing Future:
You’ll be sharing the day with fewer than 20 like-minded marketers, so our time together will be more intimate, relevant and, naturally, more valuable. This program requires an investment of $995, which is a bargain considering the insights, lasting change, and track record of delighted participants that TechnoMarketing has produced.
If Hit the Ground Running doesn’t live up to your expectations or has been misrepresented, you can request a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee within 30 days following the Chicago Strategy Session.
What You Will Accomplish:
- A complete grasp of how to effectively implement and enterprise-class social media program in your organization.
- Create a strategy for Twitter, blogging, social bookmarking to work in marketing, customer service, sales and any other area of your organization.
- Determine how to build out a complete social networking program across MySpace, Facebook or whatever social networks fit your marketing plan
- Begin or further the process of integrating social media into your organization’s holistic marketing plan and go-to-market strategy.
- Craft your own framework for determining which social media and thought leadership marketing tools will work for your organization now, and in the future.
- Develop a comprehensive content strategy to feed your thought leading social media marketing initiatives.
Social Media Tools Covered:
We will cover over 30 relevant social media tools, platforms, programs, protocols, plugins and relevant technologies that marketers can leverage to augment their social media marketing strategy.
- Develop a custom-tailored, integrated, go-to-market strategy that merges the right social media tools for your organization with your existing marketing strategy.
- Transfer knowledge of terminology surrounding the newest technology-centric marketing tools to make you completely social media conversant.
- Be able to drive awareness and buy-in at the executive level using the tools, materials, and methodology you’ll receive through this course.
- Develop the ability to execute a marketing campaign using the tools and techniques outlined in the course.
Prior Knowledge Required:
Preferably, participants have attended a social-media marketing or technology marketing event, such as the AMA’s TechnoMarketing or a recent social media marketing conference. Knowledge of computers, basic Internet terminology and a cursory understanding of online media is desired. A basic understanding of the various trends in digital and social media marketing will be helpful.
Attendees are required to bring their completed training pre-work with them along with a laptop computer. If you do not have a laptop to bring, please let us know and we will work with you to secure one for the workshop.
Who Should Attend:
- Sales and Marketing Executives of any size organization
- Marketing directors responsible for digital or integrated marketing strategy
- Anyone involved in customer-facing Internet initiatives with their company or clients
- Ad agency media directors looking for a competitive edge for clients
The event pricing is $995 per person and includes the following:
- Lodging for the evening prior to the event (Thursday eve)
- Breakfast and lunch during the event
- One-day TechnoMarketing Masterclass workshop
- Event pre-work and a pre-event social network
- Pre-event conference calls
- 30 days of event follow-up
You must be registered by Thursday, August 27th to begin the pre-work assignments, which will begin on Friday August, 28.
What Hit the Ground Running Isn’t:
For marketers who’ve been around the block and have been to every social-media event out there, this is not like what you’ve seen before. It won’t be death-by-PowerPoint and it won’t be boring. You’ll be collaborating and interacting with your peers, across industries, to develop the best mutual marketing strategies to employ the new marketing tools that you’ve experienced.
Take Action Now!
Hit the Ground Running is held twice each year. Space is limited to 15 participants per class and secured on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reserve your seat now by visiting the event registration site.
Here are the relevant dates for the upcoming Hit the Ground Running in Chicago on September 25th, 2009:
- Thursday, August 28th, 2009 – Enrollment closes
- Friday, August 28th 2009 – Assignments begin
- Friday, September 25th, 2009 Chicago Strategy Session
If your question isn’t answered here, please email Dana VanDen Heuvel, your host for Hit the Ground Running.
Curious what previous attendees have said? Click here.
About the Instructor:
Dana VanDen Heuvel – An award-winning marketing blogger and author of the AMA’s Marketech ’08 Guide to Marketing Technology, Dana is a widely recognized expert on blogging, social media marketing, thought leadership marketing and interactive marketing trends and best practices and speaks regularly on these topics at industry events. Dana founded BlogSavant, a division of VanDen Heuvel Executives, LLC, one of the nation’s first weblog and social media marketing consultancies, which he is still active in. He currently runs The MarketingSavant™ Group, a marketing technology consulting and training firm that helps marketers leverage emerging marketing technology to grow their business.
aloft Chicago O’Hare
9700 Balmoral Avenue
Rosemont, Illinois 60018
Phone: (847) 671-4444
The aloft Chicago O’Hare is minutes away from the airport terminals and is a short train ride to downtown Chicago aloft provides complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the O’Hare airport.
All attendees receive a complimentary night of hotel accommodation with their event registration. We’ve chosen to keep everything at the aloft O’Hare hotel to make the event as cost-effective and productive as possible.
aloft is one of the newest and most innovative hotels on the market and is a perfect setting for this hi-tech marketing event! The aloft rooms feature their ultra-comfortable signature bed, an oversized showerhead, custom amenities by Bliss® Spa, and more. Their plug-and-play connectivity station charges all your electronics and links to the 42” LCD TV to maximize work and play.
By Hotel Shuttle – Traveling between the airport and hotel is a breeze thanks to the complimentary shuttle, which runs every 1/2 hour from 5am to midnight. No need to reserve in advance! At the airport, just look for the signs to the CTA station and hotel shuttle area—it’ll be waiting for you, or there within a few minutes. For your flight out, just hop on the shuttle again at the hotel’s main entrance.