Welcome to the First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner pre-registration and info page!
To jump to the pre-registration details, click here.
Follow the Post-PAX Party Dinner on Twitter: @PPPD09
We are sold out! Thank you, everyone, for buying tickets, contributing to the thread, and giving this party everything it needs to be amazing. For anyone who wants to buy a ticket but can't, I truly apologize. I had to cap it sometime. See you all in September!
Information about the First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner:
The Post-PAX Party Dinner is a
community driven and organized event taking place at the excellent
Taphouse Bar & Grill, on the eve of the last night of the Penny
Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington, 2009. The need for the PPPD grew out of the feelings of disappointment many forum goers have about missing the excellent Pre-PAX Dinner (which you should also go to), due to travel arrangements like the PAXtrain. The idea was floated on the PAX forums, and the response was better than expected. A straightforward dinner was planned, but when we decided to go with the Taphouse and the presence of pool tables, consoles, and our own bartender emerged, we had to add "party" to the name. That should be a good sign of things to come.
Despite this being the PPPD's inaugural year, 2009 is shaping up to be one hell of a party. So far we've got about 100 people expressing interest, four pool tables, two 120" projectors with consoles attached, an awesome buffet, a great venue, and our own private bartender to serve our need for debauchery. It should be awesome.
The PPPD is entirely organized,
driven, and funded by the PAX forum community, and proud of it. There is no sponsor here.
Everyone is contributing an equal share to the funds, and to the fun.
The PPPD is proud to be part of a growing number of Post-PAX events, which
compliment the fantastic number of Pre-PAX events, offer a wonderful
bookend to the expo, and give people a fantastic array of things to do on Sunday after the expo closes.
you have any questions, concerns, comments, suggestions, etc. please
feel free to e-mail me, post in the PAX Forums thread, or PM me there.
The Billiards Lounge at the Taphouse. If we get 100 people, we'll move into this space! MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
1) If you're coming from the PAX Forums or you have an Internet handle that you go by at PAX (Arco, Maverick, Iceman, etc), put it in the "job title" field when you pre-register. This field shows up in the attendees list on the main page rather than your first/last name (which I didn't think people would appreciate being made public). This way people from the Internets who only know you by your handle will know that you're coming, and I know who has paid me.
2) You aren't going to get a physical ticket, but you will be getting a bracelet in the mail, so please provide the correct address.
3) In the interest of prudence, please keep any and all e-mail confirmations, receipts, whatever. Print them out and bring them with you when you come to PAX.
Here's what you'll need for the party:
1) Your party packet. Packet will include your bracelet, raffle tickets, and maybe other stuff. Sometime during the expo you need to come pick up the packet from me, Arco. I'll make myself available via Twitter (@PPPD09) during the expo if anyone wants to come find me, and I'll be hanging out in my hotel room at the Sheraton (literally next door to PAX) for a few hours on Friday and Saturday night expressly for this purpose.
2) An appetite. We've got an
all-you-can-eat buffet full of excellent appetizers and finger foods,
prepared by the Taphouse's awesome kitchen. These aren't mozarella
sticks and chicken fingers. This is some serious gourmet shit. Vote for your favorite foods here, because the top votes are getting on the menu!
3) Anything you think might be fun. There's ample tables and room for stuff, so if you've got a card game, board game, console game, handheld game, etc... bring it! Just remember to follow the PAX FAQ and refrain from bringing anything that could hurt someone or cause a lawsuit.
If you have something exceptional and crazy that you think the party would enjoy, or you'd like to offer up something console related for the party's enjoyment, please post in the forum thread here and run it by everyone. We might not need your Rock Band setup, but we appreciate the offer. On the other hand, your idea to play drunken Twister might go over really well. You never know.
This page will be constantly updated leading up to the event with any relevant information, but for the ongoing discussion you should visit the original PPPD forum thread, located here.Read more »
The First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner. THANK YOU ALL FOR AN AMAZING PARTY! «
Welcome to the First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner pre-registration and info page! To jump to the pre-registration details, click here. As always, up-to-date ...
... as well as PAX Prime veterans and our pre-PAX party ... Be a part of the first annual PAX Prime H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl in ... Post-PAX Prime Party …
The Pre-PAX Dinner. ... The Frag Dolls and Assassin’s Creed are having a huge party at PAX Prime 2012! ... The 4th Annual Post-PAX Party at Jillian’s ...
... the Third Annual Post-PAX Party! It's our third year and P3 is going all out! We've outgrown The Taphouse and relocated to a new venue with darts, ...
... for our fifth annual pre-PAX party at the Taphouse Grill in downtown Seattle. ... Be the first to comment. ... Wild Hunt To Get 16 Free DLC Packs Post-Launch (25)
... Zombie Blacklight Retribution PAX Party sponsored by ... All bets on that it takes Party of Show. First 500 get drink and food ... The 5th Annual Post-PAX Party
... are this year's honorees at the Annual Montauk Harbor Old Timer's Dinner, ... also worked on several charter and party boats in ... first to comment on ...
This Unforgettable Evening Will Be Held Saturday, November 6, 2004 at the GFWC Southside Women...
6th Annual PHILLY SHAG Party Friday Sept 17th - return from the beach with a great event that hel...
The Hispanic Association of REALTORS® and Affiliates “HARA” invites you to atten...
Thursday October 14 Dinner and a Show LA FEMME MAGIQUEAn unforgettable, fast paced, hysterical...
Annual meeting for the California Alliance for Advanced Transportation Systems (CAATS). Key gove...
CLUBHOUSE MUSIC ENTERPRISES PRESENTS A HOLIDAY DANCE PARTYWITH LIVE PERFORMANCES BY The Leg...
A FIRST FRIDAYS NEW YEAR Join us for our first event of the new year. FIRST FRIDAYS "...