Program: Gordon Oakley Shares News from OSHPD
Speaker: Gordon Oakley, Deputy Division Chief, OSHPD
Don’t miss our main speaker, Gordon Oakley, Deputy Division Chief, Sacramento for the Facilities Development Division of the Office of Statewide Healthcare Planning and Development ( OSHPD ) sharing news from OSHPD, as well as address his perspective of the status of progress in applying lean principles to hospital plan review and construction inspection.
Date and Time: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 6-9pm
Registration / Cancellation Deadline: Wednesday, December 8th by 4:00pm. There will be no refunds after this time. Each person must register and pay to attend the meeting and dinner. Please help us save time, expense, and avoid people showing up at the last minute… plan ahead and register early! We cannot keep costs reasonable and caterers cannot plan their food without sufficient notice.
1) Introductions - Welcome to LCI - Nor Cal Chapter
2) Share your results using lean concepts on projects and in your offices: A "Lightning Round" Report on lowlights and highlights of any Lean assessments or observations performed in November, your use of 5S, your site walk looking for waste.
3) Main Speaker: Gordon Oakley, Deputy Division Chief, Sacramento for the Facilities Development Division of the Office of Statewide Healthcare Planning and Development ( OSHPD ) will be our main speaker. He will share news from OSHPD, as well as address his perspective of the status of progress in applying lean principles to the definition, design, permitting, construction, inspection, and licensing of acute care hospitals in California. Last year, Gordon shared his perspective of the issues that most frequently cause a breakdown in their process or cause delays in the OSHPD plan review and inspection process as follows:
Plan Review Issues
1. Poorly coordinated documents.
2. No quality assurance by designers
3. Drawings not complete.
4. Lack of code knowledge by designers
5. Reliance on OSHPD to solve project issues.
1. Artificial Time Schedule
2. Not dealing with issues in a timely manner. Waiting until an issue is a 1,000 lb
.gorilla before presenting issue to OSHPD.
Have we made progress on these? What are some examples to date?
4) Questions for Gordon - PLEASE SEND QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE to email@example.com. Type "Question" in your email's "Subject" box.
5) Next meeting: January 14, 2008 at: Rancho Solano Golf Club – Fairfield, CA.
6) Plus / Delta - Feedback to improve each meeting.
Registration Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Special Registration Discounts: If you are not an LCI Member, you may sign up today at the LCI Member rate for this event if you purchase a one-year individual membership for $200. Go to: http://lci-individual-membership.eventbrite.com to read about the benefits and sign up today. Then, enter the words "New Member" when prompted for your “individual membership number” while signing up for this event at the LCI Member rate. Full-time students and faculty, please see http://lci-academic-membership.eventbrite.com for academic membership to LCI. Thanks!
Individual LCI Members may bring one guest to each LCI event at the Member Rate. Corporate LCI Members may bring any guest at the LCI Member Rate, including employees, clients, trade partners, etc. Need help looking up your individual membership number? Please contact email@example.com
Read more »
Nor-Cal CoP>>Trade Partners journey to transform their entire companies into a lean enterprise ... Nor-Cal CoP>>Gordon Oakley shares news from OSHPD Dec 10 ...
WHERE. San Diego Convention Center. 111 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA, United States
2011 Oakland Chamber Membership Directory and Buyers Guide. ... Share; Add to; H Like; Hank Masler. 4 years ago. Flag. 2011 Oakland Chamber Membership Directory …
The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce full-color book of Chamber members, with an inside look at the programs, meetings, and committees of the Chamber.
Issuu • 8/9/2010
DIY: The Mac Way...Easier Than EVER! The best gifts are the ones from the heart, and with iPhot...
Moderator: Tripti Kasal- Jameson Sotheby's International RealtyPanelists:Greg Whelan -Redfi...
Registration opens on May 14, 2013. Sign & Share.Time to refresh those sign language skills and s...
"Supermensch" The Legend of Shep GordonIn his directorial debut, Mike Myers (Austin Powers, Way...
In this session you'll be stepped through how to set up two video sharing sites - one for live br...
DIY: The Mac Way The best gifts are the ones from the heart, and with iPhoto '09 you have the p...
Laughter is something everyone can use a little more of that is why Fire n Ice: Exotic Hookah Bar...
If you took a couple of hours to make one small change that could make Vancouver a better place, ...
Enjoy a night of fun, food and entertainment! The IMAGINE Gala is SHARE Family & Community Servic...