Money Back Guarantee:
If, before the end of the first day of the course, you are not satisfied and notify the instructor you wish to withdraw, you will receive a full refund of all course fees paid. All training material must remain with the instructor at the time of withdrawal.
“If you want to develop apps on the iphone you need this course. Don't try this on your own, unless you have a couple of months to spare ” —Craeg K Strong - lead developer, Arielpartners.com, attended January 2009 Three Day Intensive iPhone Boot Camp in New York
The three day intensive workshop from 10am-6pm - a full 24 hours of training - covers the fundamentals and advanced feature of iPhone development, enough material that after the workshop you should be able to develop your own iPhone application and upload it to the AppStore. The workshop is limited in size and features hands on exercises under the supervision of the instructor.
What you will learn?
What I would like you to do is to take a look at the syllabus and see if it will meet your needs. If so great. If not, let me know here (or by email at mattcampbell [at] app-shop.com). Hope to hear from you.
Syllabus as it stands right now:
Day One: Essential App Building
Introduction & Tools
- Hello World
- Tools: Mac OS X, XCode, Instruments
- App Workflow: Design in IB, Code in XCode, Build, Debug, QA, Optimize, Release
- Introducing "Beer Pad": one of my apps I will be using as an example
Essential Programming Topics
- Objective C: Message Syntax, Classes, Properties, Methods, alloc-use-release
- Frameworks: C Libraries, Foundation, UIKit, AddressBookUI, AudioToolbox, CoreData, CoreLocation, MapKit, MessageUI, QuartzCore, More...
- Common Foundation classes: NSArray, NSString, NSDictionary, NSData, NSURL, NSNumber, NSDate, NSNumberFormatter
- Memory Management + Reference Counting
- Understanding Design Patterns: Delegation, Target-Action, Model-View-Controller
Implementing Graphical Event Driven Apps
- UIApplication, Delegation, Windows, Views
- UIKit Framework: Views & Controls, Controllers, UIApplication,
- Implementing an application with UIKit keeping Model-View-Controller in mind
Day Two: Interface & Data Persistence
- How to Use Interface Builder
- Common UIKit Controls: UILabel, UIButton, UIDatePicker
- View Controllers, Navigation Controllers, Tab Bar Controllers, Build a Multi-Page Application
- Table Views, Table View Controllers, Delegation and Data Sources, Custom Table Cells
- Keystroke-by-keystroke searching
- How to Create Hierarchical Data Browsing Applications
- - Create a SQLite database from the terminal
- - - Basic SQL statements
- - Copy SQLite database from bundle to documents directory on first run
- - Data Management with SQLite
- - Read and write binary using BLOB
- - Searching with SQLite
- - SQLite queries
- - Integrating SQLite with your Model component
- Core Data
- - Basic Core Data Architecture
- - - "Core Data provides an infrastructure for change management and for saving objects to and retrieving them from storage"
- - - Core Data is not a database, but it can use a database to store data. Core Data must manage any database it uses itself
- - managed object context (or just context)
- - Fetching Data
- - Core Data Walkthrough
Day Three: Advanced Features
- Fetching data from remote services: XML, RSS, JSON
- - Caching data locally in SQLite
- Maintain User Responsiveness
- - Display progress and activity for long running tasks
- - Thread operations to keep UI responsive
Additional Topics, Depending on Available Time & Interest
- Interacting with the Camera and Photo Library
- Getting Location from Core Location
- Send email with MessageUI
- Share data between apps with UIPasteboard
- Animation and Drawing
- - Use UIView animation to do flips, slides, fades and resizing
- Create a Settings bundle for your application
- Use Core Graphics to draw shapes
- Access Contacts info with the UIAddressBook Framework
- Using Instruments
About the iPhone Boot Camp
The iPhone Boot camp is dedicated to teaching iPhone development and related iPhone development tools, such as Cocoa, Objective C and Open GL ES. It is arguable the largest and longest running iPhone workshop. It has trainings in over twenty cities and to date has taught over 200 developers who now have dozens of apps in the app store, from indpendent developer to company training for IBM, AOL, genentech, SRI, Thomson Reuter, AP, theknot.com and more.
Matt Campbell :Washington D.C. Trainer
Author: "How to Make an iPhone App"
Matt Campbell has been an iPhone developer since the App Store launched in July 2008. He has master's degree in Information Systems and a bachelor's degree in Psychology. Before starting his own business around iPhone development, Matt was a mental health counselor and a statistical systems programmer. Starting last July, Matt has been developing apps full time for the iPhone. Some of his apps include Tasting Notes, Beer Pad and Wine Pad which are targeted to the gourmet food and drink niche.
Matt has been helping others get started in iPhone development on this blog, How to Make iPhone Apps. He is also the author of the ebook, How to Make an iPhone App. Make also writes articles about mobile app development each week on his blog Matt[j]Drake.
What should I bring to the workshop?
Who should attend?
Most iPhone workshops charge double what we charge for our early bird. Included in the workshop is a 200+ pages course book especially prepared for the workshop.
And one more thing - Our alumni Network for Work
We don't just offer training. We are also iPhone developers ourselves, as are our alumni. We have an online alumni network where the members post jobs, requests for proposals and form partnerships.
To find out more about the iPhone Boot Camp, including videos, a detailed syllabus, linkds to our local meetup groups and detailed info on how to prepare for the workshop go to our main siteiPhoneBootCampNYC.com
Read more »
|Student 3 Day -Must have valid student I.D.||Ended||$999||$9.95|
... Washington D.C. iPhone Boot Camp - Three Day Intensive ... Washington D.C. iPhone Boot Camp - Three Day ... C. iPhone Boot Camp - Three Day Intensive Workshop?
Washington D.C. iPhone/iPad Boot Camp - Three Day IOS 7 Certificate Intensive Workshop in Washington
Registration for the next Washington D.C. iPhone Boot Camp now with an early bird rate that will save you $ 700. REGISTER AT: http://dciphonebootcamp.eventbrite.com/
Washington D.C. iPhone/iPad Boot Camp - Three Day IOS 6 Certificate Intensive Workshop on Apr 19, 2013 in Washington, DC at Affinity Lab. Read the Blog...
NYC iPhone Boot Camp Three Day Intensive Workshop Conference ... Washington D.C. iPhone Boot Camp - Three Day Intensive Workshop Conference
Washington D.C. iPhone/iPad Boot Camp - Three Day IOS 5.0 ... Washington D.C. iPhone/iPad Boot Camp - Three Day IOS 5.0 Intensive Workshop ... 20 in Bellevue WA ;
3 or 6 Day Seattle iPhone Boot Camp Intensive Workshop with Steve Kochan, author of ... 3 or 6 Day Seattle iPhone Boot Camp Intensive Workshop with Steve …
... Camp - Three Day IOS 6 Certificate Intensive ... Day IOS 6 Certificate Intensive Workshop Event Time & Tickets; Portland iPhone/iPad Boot Camp - Three Day …
... venue and contact telephone for the event at Toronto Absolute Beginners' iPhone/iPad Boot Camp - Three Day IOS 5.0 Intensive Workshop, Toronto.
... event / washington / d.c. ... c. Iphone Boot Camp - Three Day Intensive Workshop ... Washington D. C. Iphone Boot Camp - Three Day Intensive ...
Chicago iPhone/iPad Boot Camps - Certificate 3 Day Intensive Introduction ... Chicago iPhone/iPad Boot Camps - Certificate 3 Day Intensive ... 954 W Washington St
13 items · View the profiles of professionals named miriam cole on LinkedIn. ...
... a leading professional certification training provider is conducting a 4-day PMP Boot Camp in Washington D.C ... workshop and e-learning with ... intensive PMP ...
Workshops in IOS iPad and iPhone development. we are Most affordable and experienced. ... Learn How to Develop Apps in 3 Intensive Days ... About the iPhone Boot Camps;
Mailing List Archive. Subject ... NYC iPhone/iPad Boot Camp: Three Day IOS Certificate ... Next iPhone/iPad IOS Boot Camp New York City 3 Day Intensive workshop…
Oct 12, 2012 · This full-day boot camp is designed to ... an intensive daylong workshop for emerging PR pros ... Press Club in Washington, D.C., ...
PR News has developed this one-day intensive boot camp—which has drawn hundreds of attendees in Washington, D.C., ... and our workshop leaders will analyze the ...
Leonard Tyson is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Leonard Tyson and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the...
Study at home and get an intimate complete training system LIVE at our bonus training boot camp ... day “conference room” intensive workshop ... Washington D.C ...
... Hi JT- Going next week for surgery ... Miss u guys Sent from my iPhone On S: user 1. Sep 20, 2013 8:15 PM: my Free Music Archive Player app - ...
Your Music Deserves to be Taken to the Next Level, Let Logic Pro 9 Take You There! More powerful...
So Cal's #1 Wine 101 Class - Wine Camp "Intro to Wine" We believe it is easier to learn about win...
Powerful Mixing, Precision Sound, Unparalleled Speed: Logic Express 8 is Like a Love Song to Your...
Chickens '101' Workshop Instructors: Robert Kluson, Ph.D and George and Janice Lauterbach Host...
Chickens '101' Workshop, Saturday, November 13, 8:30am-12:00noon Instructors: Robert Kluson, Ph...
Sleek and efficient. It's the FileMaker way of life. You are, no doubt, familiar with application...
Explore the new and exciting features on your iPad and iPhone with iOS5! Join us and learn abo...
More and more, people are realizing we are in the midst of a discipleship crisis in the United St...
Explore the new and exciting features on your iPad and iPhone with iOS5! Join us and learn ...