2 Days - This course results in a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) designation from the Scrum Alliance.
Expand beyond classic product/project paradigms and learn why agile/scrum works.
Understand Scrum • Use Agile Metrics and Reports • Apply Adaptive Planning
Who Should Attend and Prerequisites
This course is suited for people who have experience being on development teams or are faced with complex product/project development efforts. Individuals from all levels of the corporate structure who deal with rapidly changing demands and complex efforts. Managers, Testers, PM, Analysts, Developers, managers, directors, C-level functions
Participants should have some familiarity with Agile, either by attending the Intro to Agile Methods training course or through practical Agile experience.
Agile project management is as radically different from traditional project management as agile processes are different from traditional methodologies. Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the agile project manager facilitates, coaches and leads. In the agile framework known as Scrum, this person is called a ScrumMaster to denote the difference and remind the person filling this role of their new responsibilities. Accepted course participants learn how to be a ScrumMaster and how to make a development team, a project, or an organization agile. The ScrumMaster is responsible for the proper execution of the Scrum framework, and manages the resulting changes within the organization. Exercises, case studies, simulations and experiences are used throughout the course to bring home the realization of how Scrum can work. We will also show how the roles of ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team form a critical tripod for effective agile development. All participants are expected to understand Scrum basics prior to attending this course.
It is vital that today’s agile practitioners be able to retain what they have learned and apply it to their jobs. Our training leverages modern adult learning with both robust simulations and discussion. We train so that participants can put the ideas presented to practical use: your results are our validation.
Review Attendee Responses
The course is an intensive interactive session designed to leverage your experiences so that you can learn the practice of Scrum in the context of what you know. We will be leveraging the diverse backgrounds of the attendees through facilitated discussion and simulation. The following concepts will be covered:
• Overview of Scrum and Agility
• What Agility is and why it works
• What Scrum is and why it works
• Balancing Structure and Conversation
• Sprints and Natural Rhythms
• Leveraging Natural Rhythms and Time boxing
• Connecting Sprints Together
• Inspect & Adapt
• Establishing a flow of product delivery
• Roles and Responsibilities
• ScrumMaster, Product Owner and The Team
• Sprint Planning and Release Planning
• Product Backlog & Sprint Backlog
• Informed strategic and tactical views
• User Stories, Other Stories and Building Robust Capabilities
• Building ROI in one step at a time
• How to maintain team focus
• Plans which adapt to emerging situations
• Sprint Review (Demo and Retrospective)
• Engaging critical business involvement to validate
• How to encourage ownership and accountability
• Engaging awareness to foster self-organization
• Emerging design to deal with unforeseen demands
• The power of done and incremental development
• Well Formed Teams
• What is a Well-Formed Team*
• Build trust, gain rapport and move faster
• Great teams & Scrum environments
• From fully collocated to fully distributed
• Cross-functional teams and how to build them
• Building and sustaining teams that perform
• Teams as Capital Assets
• Scaling, the Enterprise and Multi-Team Environments
• Tracking Progress to Inform Decision Making
• Estimating and sizing work items
• Burndown charts & Burnup charts
• Schedule performance, cost performance and business value
What You Will Learn - What For?
• Tap the power of the Scrum framework, navigate extreme complexity
• How to apply and leverage the rhythm of time-boxes
• Inform decision making based on realities encountered
• Break down work with agile analysis
• Enable rapid business response to changing markets
• How to stimulate well-formed teams and how to deploy them to business needs
• Balancing product development
Daily Scrum Coach or Daily Agile Coach
Read Scrum In A Nutshell before attending.
Other Event Details
• Morning and afternoon breaks will be served
• Parking is free and conveniently located right outside
• Lunch is served
Hosted by: 3Back and VersionOne
Agile Pain Relief presents a two-day Certified ScrumMaster Workshop in Ottawa—February 17-18, 2015, taught by certified ScrumMaster Trainer Mark Levison.
The Certified ScrumMaster plays an important role in applying Scrum, helping the project team use Scrum properly and increasing the likelihood of team success; as ...
The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is a two-day, entry-level course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer®. The CSM course is designed to cover all the basics of ...
Effective September 1 2013, all students in a scheduled Scrum Learning Event (CSM or CSPO) get two free books! The first book, is Mishkin Berteig's collection of the ...
Certified ScrumMaster on Dec 11, 2014 in Ottawa, Canada at Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Introduction: The most popular Agile certification! This two day cou...
Enroll for Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) certification training in Ottawa. Attend world renowned Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) classroom training organized by Simplilearn
Scrum Master Certification Ottawa. SCRUMstudy conducts regular Scrum Master certification training classes in Ottawa. SCRUMstudy also provides Scrum Master ...
Agile Pain Relief presents a two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Workshop in Ottawa—March 12-13 taught by certified ScrumMaster Trainer Mark Levison.
Eventbrite - Agile Pain Relief Consulting presents Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Ottawa February 2015 - Tuesday, 17 February 2015 | Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at ...
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Ottawa February 2015 on Feb 17, 2015 in Kanata, Canada at Brookstreet Hotel. "The best two days of training I ever had....
Certified Scrum Master - Ottawa Ontario from 3Back LLC in Chicago IL agile Training, Certification, Self-Help and Career Training
Eventbrite - Agile Pain Relief Consulting presents Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with Practical Exercises, Ottawa November 2014 *SOLD OUT* - Thursday, 20 November …
Certified ScrumMaster. Certified Scrum Product Owner. Scrum Applied Workshop. Information Technology. ... Certified ScrumMaster Training in Ottawa, Canada . …
Ottawa Event: Certified ScrumMaster with Practical Exercises (Ottawa) - February 2014 - Find event details, directions, start time, and other related events
Professional Scrum Master training courses in Toronto and Ottawa
Certified ScrumMaster® Ottawa Certified ScrumMaster + Workshop course. All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the …
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with Practical Exercises, Ottawa November 2014 tickets at Holiday Inn Kanata. Local events, concerts, festivals in Ottawa ON
Doug Snow Sr Manager Software ... Location: Ottawa, Canada. Certifications. Certified ScrumMaster. Biography. Doug Snow.
Join our experienced facilitator and hone your ability to create high-performance teams, and deliver products your customers love!
Try Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) Course training workshops in Canada. Get the world's best Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) certification training at our centers …
This 2 day/8 hour webinar builds on the End User training. It additionally includes how to effec...
In this three (3) day training participants are expected to meet all criteria in the Certified Us...
This CrossfitMobile.com special event is sponsored in part by HitGrab Inc., CrossfitMobile.com's ...
This 6 hour webinar builds on the End User training. It additionally includes how to effectively...
Become A Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach... The EQ At Work Advanced Method For Coaches ...